Thursday 7 April 2016

I Can Breathe!

I spent my evening painstakingly removing the darts in the front of my latest wrap dress. And I can finally breathe! 


It took quite some time this evening. I started straight away as soon as I stepped in the door after work. My hope was to catch as much natural light as I could before I would have to retreat to the indoor lighting. Dinner had to be post-poned as I did not have much time to benefit from the last moments of natural light. It was a slow process as I stitched this dress with the knit stitch (lightning bolt stitch) on my sewing machine with the tiniest stitches hidden in perfectly matched thread.  Drats!  

Thankfully, it all worked out in the end. The removed darts provided enough ease to make me feel comfortable enough to wear this dress. 

Not all knits are the same. This one doesn't have as much stretch as the first one I made and it works better without the darts. 


I'm going to have to keep this in mind when I cut out my next version in this printed knit. It is the same weight and has the same amount of stretch as this mint green fabric.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...