Saturday 30 April 2016

April in Review...

Is it true?  Are update posts boring?  I found this posted in the sewing blog sphere and I thought about my monthly blog updates.  

Update posts aren't usually interesting but... 

I'm still going to continue with them because for me it is a record and keeps me accountable to my sewing and budgetary goals. I really hope it is not boring for those visiting this blog. If it is please feel free to skip this post but I do hope you return another time.  

Sewing:

There were two projects that didn't get made up this month. The print wrap dress and the floral jacket are still on my wish-list. The wrap dress is cut and a few seams have been stitched, so hopefully soon it will be finished.  The jacket is still a dream folded up neatly within the yardage of fabric.

Top L to R: Blue lace top, OOP McCall's 7946; Fashion
Revolution Necklace; Minty wrap dress, OOP Vogue 7014;
Silk dress, Vogue 1410; Cotton knit top, OOP Vogue 8710.  
Beside finishing (and starting) the wrap dress and jacket, next month, I would like to make a pair of pants for moi, and a new dress and slip for Mama R. Being told to rest the hand is throwing a curve ball into my sewing plans though. We'll just have to wait and see how far I get with these plans.  

RTW Fast:

Actually, I didn't pick up any ready-to-wear items this month.  Woohoo! And next month is Me-Made-May '16 which I pledge to participate.  

I have to admit I do like this activity because it hits home that I have a me-made wardrobe that I like and which fits me better than RTW. And it is a good exercise in finding out what needs there are to fill (besides undies--really need to sew some undergarments).    

The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
0
0.40 metres
0
Bias Tape
2 metres
2.01 metres
0
Buttons
0
19
0
Chain
0
0
0
Cord Stopper
1
1
1
Elastic
1 metre
3.8 metres
1 metre
Fabric
8.1 metres
27.65 metres
30.9 metres
Fusible Tape
0.40 metres
0.40 metres
0
Hand needles
0
0
0
Hook and Eyes
0
0
0
Interfacing
0
1.60 metres
10 metres
Lace trim
0
0
0
Pattern (new)
1
7
6
Pattern (previously used)
3
5
0
Ribbon
0
0.50 metres
0
Serger needles
0
0
0
Serger thread
1
1
0
Sewing machine needles
1
6
0
Snaps
0
0
0
Thread
2
5
24
Trim
0
1.8 metres
1.8 metres
Velcro
0
0
0
Zipper
0
1
2




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...