Monday 8 February 2016

Monday's Mending Pile...

It has been a rough weekend. I've been recovering from some stomach ailment. Feeling sick of being sick, I thought I would do some hand-stitching to a collar that I'm working on.  


Using The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques, I made a ribbon-trimmed collar band. 


The band was already sewn to the neckline when I sat down to hand-stitch the band facing in place. Everything was going smoothly when I decided to remove the hand basting that was showing when I clipped my fabric just below the neckline. If I didn't already feel sick to my stomach, this have likely  would have pushed me in that direction.  


And this is where my current sewing project became my mending project. I either needed to start this project over or patch the clipped fabric.


I decided to patch it with some of the ribbon that I used on the ribbon-trimmed collar band. The cut was treated with Fray Check® and then top-stitched the ribbon over the damaged fabric.


Thankfully, it is unseen under the collar.


Some days are not meant for sewing and work out better as mending days. But I think I should be mending myself with some chicken broth instead of hanging out at the sewing table. ~Sigh~

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...