Sunday 29 March 2015

It's here!

Call it what you like, work lay-off, sew-cation, spring break. It's here.

{Source}
It is finally here. The snow is almost all gone. The days are getting longer. Temperatures are hitting the plus digits. We're exposed to more sunshine, glorious sunshine that makes hand-stitching pleasurable. I was so looking forward to spring break.


There were plans, grand plans. Finish the Sybil Connolly spring coat and start on the Isaac Mizrahi top after I stitched those chemo caps. And then clear off the cutting table and cut out that wrap dress... Oh the plans!


And then this happened. Yup, that is my right hand in a brace along with two weeks worth of anti-inflammatory meds. Nothing too serious [fingers crossed on my left hand], just a tendon issue and orders to rest it. But sew much for my sew-cation. 

The up side of the brace is that I can now drive and turn the key in the ignition without the pain reminding me to use my left hand for those simple tasks. 


Which was great because I was able to get to the bookstore where I found this, Gods and Kings:  The Rise and Fall of Alexander McQueen and John Galliano.  I haven't yet finished The Lost Art of Dress (my bookshelf is very much like my sewing table--lots on the go!) but I think this latest book will help take my mind off the lack of activity going on in the sewing room. I can't wait to dive into it!   

How about you, what are you reading and sewing?  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I had glorious plans to rotate the heavy fabric to the offseason and inspire up with lightweight fabrics. Then the mini bathroom remodel started and I am paint and spackle covered and not feeling so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Oh! I hit the button before commiserating on your wrist- a good book can help the heal.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...