Sunday 7 December 2014

In Sewing News Today...

I'm a little freaked out that it is eighteen days till Christmas. 


I had big plans to work on those little velvet dresses this weekend but instead I'm fighting the mother of all head colds. I was in bed at six last night and slept straight through for over twelve hours. I don't know when the last time that happened without the aid of codeine infused medication. Panic is setting it as I don't have time to be sick. I have some serious sewing to get done!  

In other sewing news, sewing club ended last week but some of the students decided to stay in for recess to work on their stockings. 


I'm still finding students trying to thread their needles with six strands of embroidery floss! I did a lesson on the blanket stitch that was very well organized. So I thought. What I didn't anticipate was the level of excitement and enthusiasm that would sabotage the lesson. 

Instead of threading their needles with two strands of embroidery floss one young gal decided it would look better if she used the whole skein of embroidery floss. And she told two people and so on and so on. Kids will always listen to their peers first. The stockings are looking adorable by the way and the young gals and boy have been a delightful group. I'm going to miss the sewing club.   

I sold another pattern at the Etsy.com shop and almost fainted at the post office.  


Almost. I can't believe how much postage has gone up. I lost $2.30 sending this one on its way. And I'm going to have to rethink my shipping rates. At least it is on its way to someone who wants it and will hopefully enjoy making these dresses.  

Well, that is all in sewing news today... 

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...