Tuesday 1 July 2014

The Appearance of Early Fall Patterns!

Somehow it seems appropriate that the first signs of fall appeared today. It is July first but the weather feels more like early fall. After days of rain and strong winds, it finally stopped and the city workers arrived yesterday to unplug the drain on the street so all the water could move on it's merry way. And despite the fact that the sun came out, the temperature didn't make it over plus thirteen!  

Yes, it is the perfect day for McCall's to release the early fall patterns. And there is a skirt pattern that I wouldn't mind giving a try.

McCall's 6993
I like the front pleat detail and the high waist, très chicDid any of the new early fall patterns catch your eye, or are you too busy enjoying summer weather to notice?

Well, I should get back to work. I have a new maxi skirt and a new black dress cut and ready to go.  Happy Sewing everyone and Canada Day to the fellow Canadians out there!  



 

8 comments:

  1. Hope your weather has improved some. Been watching the flooding in SK. It has been really hot here today. Haven't checked out the fall patterns yet. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is suppose to be hot this weekend which is great to see if it will dry up some of this moisture. I feel for those people in Saskatchewan and the southwestern part of Manitoba. Those poor farmers.

      Delete
  2. I just looked over the fall lineup at McCalls and like the skirt pattern so much. It's very chic, and very "adult". Lucky you on the rain-we are waiting for our summer monsoons to begin. Maybe by July4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall? We're still welcoming summer, fall doesn't start until the kids go back to school in September !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, how dare I mention fall! I'm actually looking forward to autumn as it is my favourite time of year but after the long winter everyone seemed to have faced I wouldn't mind if summer stuck around a little longer.

      Delete
  4. That skirt is so nice. There are only a few patterns that caught my eye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, just a few patterns in this release caught my eye, but that skirt blew me over.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...