Tuesday 14 January 2014

Spring Patterns are Popping Up Everywhere!

The next label to release their Spring 2014 patterns is Butterick. Is it me or is this earlier than previous years? Not that I'm complaining, it is nice to think that spring is around the corner.

One of the sewing goals that I have this year is to make some wearable under-things. Yup, a pair of knickers. And Gertie released a under-things pattern in this line. It is Butterick 6031.














I'm mainly interested in finding a pattern for the knickers and I thought these were cute. They look like a boy cut style, don't they? There is no description on the pattern items besides the visual description of the photograph and line drawings.

The line drawings have me confused because they don't look like a boy-cut style, do they? I'm on the fence with this pattern. I think I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are over at Pattern Review. And of course, while I am waiting I can re-size that pattern I already have in my pattern stash.

What do you think? Do you have a favourite knickers pattern that you would recommend?

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. The line drawing looks like a brief yet they look like boy shorts on the model. Interesting. I bet you can ask Gertie on her blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I was on my way to her blog where I found that she put up a post about her new patterns and a description. This one goes on my wish list (waiting for a BVM sale).

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...