Friday 28 December 2012

These hips...

"these hips are big hips
they need space to 
move around in
they don't fit into little 
pretty places."  
~Poem excerpt by Lucille Clifton 

The McCall's  9246 jacket was coming together nicely, until I stitched the buttonholes and had the finishing touches to do. That is when I did a final fitting and remembered that my hips don't fit nicely into "pretty places".  

I didn't want to touch the darts that I worked so hard on and besides, that wouldn't yield enough room. Sew, I went to work on letting out the side seams. 

I know, when will I learn and make a muslin? Maybe that can be one of my New Year's resolutions?

Well, I got away with it this time. After that quick fix, it fits and I love it even though I didn't finish it in time for the holidays. I'll post pictures of me wearing it later sometime.

For now, I bid you adieu and Happy Sewing!  





3 comments:

  1. Glad you could tweak-the-fit as the jacket looks beautiful...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it woked- thats too pretty to give to some little hipless creature! lOve the poem- can I get that on a pillow?

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...